Whether you are moving into a new home that needs flooring or just looking to update the look and feel of your existing space, installing hardwood floors can add warmth and a refreshing beauty to any home or space you may have.
The most common question we are asked at Floors 4 Less is can I afford hardwood flooring. The answer is yes! Pricing definitely fluctuates from region to region; however, here in Pensacola, Florida we are fortunate to have a great supplier of hardwood. Installing new hardwood floors can now be done on a minimal budget.
Hardwoods are among the most durable and magnificent of the flooring options, and this is one of the few projects that will dramatically increase your property value. Home and property owners can find wood floors in a large variety of colors and styles to fit any taste. There are solid and engineered woods, and there are also site finished and pre-finished options too.
For this article, we will consider the materials and costs for the installation of a prefinished hardwood floor in the average 400 square foot living room. This pricing will assume that the owner needs to keep the costs low and will not cover such costs as:
- Fees associated with the removal of older flooring; or
- Furniture removal and replacement
Hardwood floor replacement can be a DYI project; however, if you do not have experience in flooring installation, it would be highly advised to seek the professional help of a local flooring installation company Pensacola FL.
The average cost and materials that are associated with refinishing hardwood floors include:
- Preparing the old floor for the new installation – This will often mean assessing the preexisting subfloor. You will want a sturdy foundation. And if the plywood needs replacement the cost for this material would be about $22 per 4×8 sheet for each piece of plywood. Assuming your living room is roughly 20’x20’ (for example sake) without any impediments or angels, to do this job properly would require an estimate of 13 sheets at approximately $286 for the material;
- Installation – When installing wood into any portion of your home, experts recommend the material be placed in the room in which it will be installed for at least two days. This will allow the material to adjust or acclimate to the climate in your home. Wood can dramatically increase or decrease depending on the temperature and humidity inside of your home. The cost associated with the wood flooring installation process will vary from job to job; however, according to flooringpensacola.com the average job (including removal of moldings, wall trimmings, foam underlay, placement of vapor barriers and the cutting to the room size) will be about $3.50 per square foot. For a project such as this specified living room you are looking at a rough cost of $1400.
- Additional requirements for installation could affect the price. Such as insulating underlay, glue or adhesive, and any recommended cleansers or sealants. Typically, a high quality glue is necessary for an installation on a concrete slab. A urethane glue can run over $100 for a 4-5 gallon bucket.
Additional Cost and Considerations
- The installation of floor requires a high skill level and expertise to ensure the proper fitting and aesthetic look. Master flooring installers have spent years crafting their skills, in order to acquire the sought after look. Most installers charge between $3-$4 per sf, and should need no more that 2 full business days to tackle this project. To save some money it is advised to rip out the old flooring before they arrive to do the job. This does not require a high level of skill. Just a strong back. This can save you hundreds of dollars in labor costs.
- Some projects require the homeowner to vacate the home in the days the installation occurs because the fumes from the installation can be toxic or noxious. If the area in which the flooring installation cannot be sealed off, a night or two in a hotel may have to be considered and worked into your budget.
At Floor 4 Less we strive to operate with an open and transparent business model. We want the entire process to be as painless as possible with no surprises during the installation process. Our professionals have over 35 years of experience in installing hardwood flooring.
Estimates are always free! We are a local company who contracts only local employees. We would love to consult with you on your next flooring project. Whether you are located in Pensacola, Florida or anywhere along the Florida panhandle, we can provide you with a cost effective and professional service done correctly the first time.
Flooringpensacola.com has a top-rated Angie’s List service award. We have been servicing the Pensacola area for over 10 years. We offer before and after photos of recent projects!
Let us handle your next flooring project!
Check out our Google Reviews from real customers who have used our services here https://plus.google.com/+Flooringpensacola/about
Find us on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/PensacolaFlooring
850-501-0226 – Floors 4 Less – 38 S Blue Angel Pkwy.
Pensacola, FL. 32506 |www.flooringpensacola.com
Pensacola FL Flooring Companies
Pensacola FL Flooring Companies